Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Be Thankful!

During this time of year it is always easy to just get caught up in the hustle and bustle of the holidays but it is important to remember what the holidays are really about. So as Thanksgiving comes upon us I would like to remind everyone that it isn't about the food or the football. It is about family, friends and cherishing the time we get to spend with the ones we love and remembering the ones we lost.

The holidays have always been hard for me for the past 8 years, as I lost some people that were so dear to me that even after this long it still cuts me to the core to not be able to spend my holidays with them. However, after years of trying to come to terms with this loss I have learned that I have to cherish the times we had and remember that although they may not be here physically they are always with me spiritually. It wasn't until I had my son that I truly was able to embrace the holidays again after losing the ones I loved. Now I try to give my son the same memories and appreciation for the holidays that they instilled in me. That is what it is all about. Passing on traditions and creating more memories to cherish. So this thanksgiving, I am most thankful for my son and being able to be the best mother I can be and give him the best life possible. All the hard-work I put in, is for him, so that we he looks back on his life he can have some wonderful memories to cherish of how much he was loved and cared for.

So this Thanksgiving, cherish the ones you love, remember the ones you lost and enjoy the memories you are able to create.  Be grateful for all that you have and be thankful for all that is to come.


From my family to yours I want to wish everyone a very happy, healthy and safe Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment