Monday, November 21, 2016

If You Don't Set Boundaries, Who Will??

All to often we forget to set boundaries for those around us. However, if we don't set them who will?Without these boundaries we let people assume that they can treat you however they want, which leads to you allowing others to hurt you. So it is important to set boundaries on what you will and will not tolerate and enforce these by not allowing others to go past your boundaries.

My entire childhood and now adult life I have watched as someone very dear to me has allowed not setting boundaries to deplete their self worth and let them live in fear each day. That is no way to live but given that they have allowed this to go on for so long, that is all they know. This is why as a young woman I always told myself that I would never allow myself to feel that way. That I would always make sure I got the respect I deserved and would uphold my self-worth. Watching first hand how damaging it can be to let someone hurt you emotionally, mentally and physically, I never wanted to feel that way.

With that said, I just want to send out the message that only you can set the boundaries of how you are treated by others. So be firm, be strong and know that you are worth the respect and love you deserve. We all are!!




No comments:

Post a Comment